nfs startup at boot fails

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Sun Jun 26 13:04:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:26 +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:

> In fact also samba behaves like this. It seems FC4 and network shares is not
> very reliable at startup (it seldom starts correctly) but after restarting
> the service several times it works reliable.
> I find this very strange as each time I restart it, it uses the same config
> files. Why can't it start correctly immediately than ?
> I wonder whether it's caused by something else on my machine.

Are you restarting from the server side (is this the problem?), or is it
on the client side that your having to restart the service?  If it's
client, you don't have to have nfs running, just portmap and nfslock(?).
If it's the server side, maybe posting your /etc/exports file, and how
big is this dir your trying to share (not that it maybe matters)?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!"