Can't bind to dhcp address: Permission denied??

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jun 26 16:01:27 UTC 2005

Am So, den 26.06.2005 schrieb tech at microembed.cn um 18:02:

> >> I can't start the dhcpd after i have configured it. the dhcpd.conf is
> OK.the

> > I guess it is an FC4 system though you didn't say that. Is SELinux
> > active? Do you see audit / avc messages in /var/log/audit/audit.log?
> > Make sure your system is up to date with the latest update packages,
> > especially the SELinux policy files. Check the permissions and SELinux
> > context of your /etc/dhcpd.conf file. If nothing helps disable dhcpd in
> > system-config-securitylevel from being protected and check again.

> > Alexander

> thank u!

You are welcome. I just would be interested whether this "thank u!"
means any of my hints helped solving the problem or if it was just a
thank you gesture. If it means you solved your problem, then please let
us know what the troublemaker issue was. That would help others in the
same situation, finding this thread in the list archives.

Alexander

Serendipity 17:58:10 up 1 day, 50 users, load average: 1.42, 0.53, 0.33