Qt app crash on FC3/4 when LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Jun 26 19:42:10 UTC 2005

At 9:26 PM +0200 6/26/05, Hans Müller wrote:

>I have try -Wall -Wextra but the good old g++ take my buggy prog without
>any warning messages:( I think it was to tricky for g++???

No warnings?  That seems unlikely -- -Wextra includes warnings that are
really likely to occur in properly written code, which is why they aren't
in -Wall.  For me, make normally produces lots of output, making errors and
warnings hard to spot.  Make's normal messages go to stdout, while warnings
(from gcc) go to stderr.  Possibly you have them redirected, or possibly
you have something else set to make make quieter.  (You can make sure that
you're seeing errors by just introducing one into a source file. :)

make CFLAGS="-Wall -Wextra" >/dev/null

will remove the normal output if there is too much.

make CFLAGS="-Wall -Wextra" &>makeout.txt
gedit makeout.txt

will redirect both stdout and stderr to a file for perusal.  If you use
gedit, it has a preference to wrap lines; you'll want it off.

I don't know what you'll want to change if things are really too quiet.