FC4 questions

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 20:02:12 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Since moving from FC2 > FC4 (clean install) I have noticed that the "boot.log"
is always empty, has this been depreciated I wonder, all the other logs are
fine.

Also as Selinux is "on" in FC4 I also notice many (15-20) "avc denied"
messages in the logs one example which appears many times during boot is
this:

audit(1119809841.182:0): avc:  denied  { getattr } for  path=/sbin/modprobe
dev=dm-0 ino=8585268 scontext=system_u:system_r:dhcpc_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:insmod_exec_t tclass=file

is this normal or anything to worry about as the system seems to be running
very very well, but warnings in the logs do concern me..

Cheers,

Colin
--
Fedora Core 4, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.12-ck2
KDE-Redhat-3.4.1-1.0.2.fc4.kde