[FC3] kernel panic after selinux-policy-targeted update

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Mon Jun 27 14:48:51 UTC 2005

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

>>Any suggestions on what to do?
>>
>>I know I can boot with selinux=0. After that, what? Attempt to
>>reinstall selinux?
>

> Yep.
>
> Have a look in /var/cache/yum/base/packages for the versions of selinux. Find
> the one before the one you installed
>
> sudo yum --oldpackage -Uhv selinux-policy-targeted<version>

Thanks, Paul. I assume you meant "rpm" there, not "yum".

But won't I have a problem if I re-install selinux with selinux switched
off? I mean, won't the files get created without the selinux extra
attributes on them? How do I get selinux to reset the permissions when I
reboot with selinux back on?

Plus, was I the only one who had this problem? No one else seems to have
had a problem so I assume the updated package wasn't simply borked.

Best, Darren