No WLAN with updatet kernel

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jun 27 15:40:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 13:29, Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Hi,
> after updating the kernel I am no longer able to obtain an IP-adress
> from my router.  Loading the previous kernel makes everything working fine.
>
> My configuration is an IBM TP T23 with a Cisco 350 Series PCMCIA Wlan card.
>
> Does anyone have an ide for a different workaround or should I wait for
> the next kernel update?

Try deleting the CHANNEL line (or comment it out) in the ifcfg file.  I
have experienced a problem with ipw2200bg chipset where that appears to
be a possible fix.  Was able to see the access points but the card was
never able to establish a connection and get an IP address.

Suspect this points to a fundamental flaw in how the wireless cards are
handled by the system.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I'm EMOTIONAL now because I have MERCHANDISING CLOUT!!