Website/FTP Management

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 28 13:03:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 04:35, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good package for maintaining a remote website
> using FTP ?  I manage several websites, keeping the 'master' on my FC3
> machine - what I need is a way to have the remote website look like a
> mirror of my master tree.  I looked at the 'mirror' package, but it
> works exactly the other way round.
>
> Any good recommendations ?
>
> Jonathan

Are you looking for something like quanta?  Quanta allows you to publish
your web site via ftp.  If you change a page it will only upload the
changed pages not the whole site.

Most of the other html editors will also do the same thing.  I believe
NVU, bluefish both have this feature as well.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Envy is a pain of mind that successful men cause their neighbors.
		-- Onasander