[FC4]Samba doesn't accessible to Windows

Leon Pu leon_xf_pu at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 28 16:39:54 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 28.06.2005 schrieb Scot L. Harris um 18:04:

> > > The TCP (135 + 145) and UPD (138 + 139) ports are open on your Fedora
> > > host? Use system-config-securitylevel to check / adjust this.
> > > Does "nmblookup succeed?
> > >
> > > Alexander
> >
> > I think that should be TCP (135 + 445) instead.
> >
> > Serge
>
> Isn't it 137, 138 UDP and 139 and 445 TCP?

> Scot L. Harris

Hehe, now you got me :) Scot, you are right. Sometimes it is better to
not give such information out of head but to look at the documentation:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/server_security.html

UDP/137 - used by nmbd
UDP/138 - used by nmbd
TCP/139 - used by smbd
TCP/445 - used by smbd

$ egrep '137/|138/|139/|445/' /etc/services
netbios-ns 137/tcp # NETBIOS Name Service
netbios-ns 137/udp
netbios-dgm 138/tcp # NETBIOS Datagram Service
netbios-dgm 138/udp
netbios-ssn 139/tcp # NETBIOS session service
netbios-ssn 139/udp
microsoft-ds 445/tcp
microsoft-ds 445/udp

Alexander

I updated open ports setting in security level task with four ports mentioned in your previous reply. But the access to samba share still doesn't work.

Current situation is, I cannot access my samba share from Windows pc. I can access Windows share in Fedora by ip address, but netbios name doesn't work. I cannot access samba share in Fedora itself by both ip address and netbios name, except smb://127.0.0.1.

Best regards,
Leon

http://mail.yahoo.com