APT-GET Repositories for FC4

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:53:17 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:23:56 +0000, André Alves wrote:
>
> > I've already installed apt package with yum (yum install apt) and I need
> > others repositories because the one how came with apt does not work yet.
> > Anyone knows others?
>
> This has been covered before, see list archives. E.g. Matthias
> Saou at freshrpms.net also mirrors Core and Extras in an Apt repository:
>
>   http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/4/i386/
>
> To "fix" the broken mirror-select stuff in Fedora Extras' apt, there
> is an update already, which you may need to install with yum or rpm.

What got fixed?  I installed the update, ran "apt-get mirror-select",
and got "E: Invalid operation mirror-select".  A total uninstall and
reinstall of apt still generates the same error message. After reading
the archives of the Fedora 4 test list my take is that the Fedora
folks will not fix mirror-select. Their position is that a)  there are
no apt-get mirrors or b) they cannot legally reference available
apt-get repos.