Browsers for those IE-only sites

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 28 19:07:42 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 6/28/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
>
>>Now that is getting specific.  There is a page (I don't have the link)
>>that does a full CSS test of browsers for compatibility.  I found the
>>link looking for Browser compatibility issues.
>>
>>There was a discussion about IE and CSS some time ago that pointed to
>>the link.
>>--
>>Robin Laing
>>

> I would like to point out that Opera usually does far better than any
> other broswer in these types of tests. They built their reptuation on
> standards compliance.

Yes, I have heard it before.

I remembered the search term for the test.

 From http://www.webstandards.org/ there is a deeper link to the acid2
test.

http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/

FWIW, Mozilla 1.7.7 on FC1 fails the test.

Of course the test has this disclaimer at the bottom.

Note: some 827 people (rough estimate, contents may have settled
during shipping) have written to point out that the CSS used in the
test is invalid. This is deliberate, as a means of exposing the
ability of user agents to handle invalid CSS properly.

--
Robin Laing