FC4 Hangs up unexpectedly

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 04:43:01 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Ben Steeves <ben.steeves at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/05, Javier Perez <pepebuho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, I came back to level three and the system has been
> > rock stable so far.
> > Could it be Xorg the culprint on this?
>
> Quite possibly.  Are you using the nVidia proprietary drivers?  I was
> having constant lockups similar to what you describe until I turned
> off RenderAccel.  See bugs 160159 and 144500 in Redhat's bugzilla DB
> for more info.
>
> Unfortunately, because this only seems to occur with the nVidia
> drivers, it's difficult (or impossible) for the FC devs to fix it.
>
> --
> Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
>  The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
>    against HTML e-mail          X                GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
> http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves

Hi

I checked them out and they look similar but not quite the same. In
their cases they were able to go in through ssh and kill X.
In my case, the network also freezes up, I get timeouts when pinging
the computer.

I am not using a nVidia driver, it is a "sis" driver. Xorg detected a
SiS530 video system.

Still, let me do some testing with RenderAccel

Javier