[FC4]How to make system support Chinese in an English installation?

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:30:20 UTC 2005

2005/6/29, Leon Pu <leon_xf_pu at yahoo.com.cn>:
> Is it possible to make an English installation support Chinese?
>
> I expect to enable display Chinese in both file system and Firefox.
> Additionally, if it has possibility to install Chinese input without break
> current English look and feel it will be wonderful.
>

> Leon

Definitely yes. What you have to do is always use UTF-8, which is default.

For vfat filesystem, use
mount -o utf8
instead of
mount -o iocharset=cp936

For firefox, I think you should try
yum groupinstall 'Chinese Support'
to install some chinese font.

Finally, run
yum install scim-pinyin
since scim is configured to run in the en_US envirionment while iiimf not.

btw, always use English fonts instead of Chinese ones in font
preference dialog :p

--
bbbush ^_^