yum - lack of features

Adam Gibson agibson at ptm.com
Wed Jun 29 13:53:49 UTC 2005

John Summerfied wrote:
> I've been through downloading this from here, that from there and
> generally it leads to pain. At one point I had  a working but borked (as
> in essentially unmaintainable) Debian system through adding
> complementary repositories any of which could provide updates for any
> package on my system.

I wish yum supported excludes per repository for that reason.  I
sometimes want to use a repository but dont want that 3rd party repo to
ever update some core packages.  Placing an excludes in a section for a
specific repo doesn't seem to work.  It would be nice to have the
opposite of that too so that you could state that only the packages I
list here should be updated from this specific repository(sometimes you
just want a few packages from a certian repo.