PXE boot disks

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Wed Jun 29 14:55:30 UTC 2005

I have been down this road before, but am running into some issues. OK,
what I am trying to do is create a "boot disk" such that someone in our
data center can simply stick the disk in the floppy, reboot the server
and it will boot off of that, and begin the kickstart install. So to
that end, I have the following in my syslinux.cfg:

default linux
prompt 1
timeout 600

display snake.msg

F1 boot.msg
F2 general.msg
F3 expert.msg
F4 param.msg
F5 rescue.msg
F7 snake.msg

DEFAULT linux
LABEL linux
KERNEL vmlinuz
APPEND ksdevice=eth0 console=tty0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0
initrd=initrd.img network ip=dhcp ks=nfs:10.10.232.54:/tftpboot/ks.cfg
selinux=0

However, when it boots off of the diskette, It ends up failing
complaining that it cannot mount / nor find /tmp/ks.cfg

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance
Michael Weiner