FC4 sound card correctly detected, but no sound

Shantanu Shah theashworld at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 16:58:00 UTC 2005

I had a similar problem on FC4 Dell Inspiron 700m. I
solved it by using the following method. Let me know
if it works for you.

# To enable sound from your laptop, run #alsamixer.
# Scroll to the rightmost colum using the right arrow
and hit m. (i.e. turn it on)
# Exit the program by pressing Esc. Sound should now
be working.

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~scs49/install_linux.html
[See section 'Sound']

~Shan