Missing xorg-libs error when I try to install gnome software devel

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jun 29 18:21:40 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 29.06.2005 schrieb Laszlo Antal um 20:13:

Please do not top-post and strip the quotation.

> What I need to type in to install everything for Gnome software
> development.

Run "yum grouplist". "GNOME Software Development" is the group you want.
"yum --help" and "man yum" give you more hints how to use yum and to get
the best out of your Fedora.

> yum install gtk+ will install all the package I need??

No, that wouldn't fulfill your request.
Keep in mind: if you want to compile something which requires libraries
and headers of other tools/applications, you always need the -devel rpm
of the tool/application the new "thing" will be compiled against.

> I am just starting out with gtk+ so I don't want to miss any package and
> run into pitfall later.

> Laszlo

Alexander

Serendipity 20:17:23 up 4 days, 3:09, load average: 0.39, 0.18, 0.12