yum - lack of features

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Wed Jun 29 19:45:13 UTC 2005

Smartpm not apt-get is the way to go: it supports many more repository
formats than apt-get, it  can download in parallel, it allows to put
differnt weighting on repositories (so for instance you avoid using
packages from a guy whose work is not stellar and it is MUCH smarter at
solving dependencies.