An update is needed Fedora!

Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Tue Mar 1 00:57:37 UTC 2005

Success!!

We have finally made it!

Ok, maybe its too soon to celebrate, but here is what happened

I have managed to install and run the following software:

- Apache 2.0.53
- MySQL 4.1.10
- PHP5.0.3-2

Dependencies:

- SQLite 3.3
- PCRE

Well, here is what i did

I donwloaded and installed the RPM's in www.mysql.com

Here is the list:

Server		4.1.10-0	14.6M
Benchmark/test suites		4.1.10-0	3.1M
Client programs		4.1.10-0	5.3M
Libraries and header files		4.1.10-0	2.7M
Dynamic client libraries		4.1.10-0	1.1M
Embedded server		4.1.10-0	2.7M
Dynamic client libraries
(including 3.23.x libraries)		4.1.10-0	1.5M

and installed everything with rpm -Uhv *.rpm

I installed the php-src from the SRPM found at fedora's web development dir with rpm -i php-xxx

Then i went to the ext/mysqli dir, in the src dir and typed phpize.

Now, i just typed this:

./configure --enable-emedded-mysqli --enable-shared --enable-static --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-php-config=/usr/bin/php-config

VOILA!

I have it running and tested (just a bit)

Im totally shure i did stuff i didn't need to do. I would apreciate if you guys could send me some notes so I can make a worthy HOWTO for my fellow dummies!

If you guys need any extra data, i'll be glad to provide it, just tell me how  :-D

I'll publish the phpinfo output on http://www.woralelandia.com/stuff/

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=43956&topic_id=10549&forum=4#forumpost43956