fc3 - raid 1 setup problems

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Wed Mar 2 14:09:15 UTC 2005

> First, please tell me that raid 1 works fine w/fc3 w/no problems

It does. There may appear a problem with grub and SATA though - see
bugzilla.

I had read before but don't know exactly what SATA is only to know that
I don't have that technology w/these drives. They just a pair of WD
120GB drives

> if that's so, then could you please direct me to documentation on
> installing raid 1 during fc install.
>
> I have no experience w/raid and having trouble finding documentation
> that will lead me by the hand and get me thru this.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/s1-diskpartitioning.html
this page referred me to the following:
software RAID — Creating two or more software RAID partitions allows you
to create a RAID device. For more information regarding RAID, refer to
the chapter RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) in the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux System Administration Guide.

....and it's just not there...I could find no chapter there on
RAID...the only thing I did find was the beginner's sys admin
guide..just a short explanation of the diff, raids etc...NOT an
up-to-date HOWTO, shall we say on the specific operating sys. that we
talking about ...Enterprise or FC3.

I want to note also that I see you help so many on here, Alexander, and
that is really commendable and I sure ty for that.

john rose

--
The only thing Micro$oft has done for society is make people believe
that computers are inherently unreliable.