%Error opening tftp:// (Undefined error)-Catalyst2900-FC3

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 21:13:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 01:24, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
> I keep getting this error when attempting to copy running-config to tftp
> from a Cisco Catalyst2900 to a Fedora3 box,
> Switch#copy run tftp
> Address or name of remote host []?
> Destination filename [running-config]?
> %Error opening tftp://
> <javascript:newWin('')> (Undefined error)
> I've confirmed that tftp is running/connected,
> tftp> status
> Connected to localhost.localdomain.
> Mode: netascii Verbose: off Tracing: off
> Rexmt-interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds
> I've allowed access via port69 for the source in my firewall. I've made
> the dir, tftpboot, permissions write enabled for others. Anyone know
> what I may have forgotten..? Cheers.
> Switch=Cisco Catalyst2900
> Vlan1=
> Eth1= nics-Eth0=
> Both can ping each other
> If I block the source, the Firewall shows the attempt via port69(which
> proves the switch is doing what it is asked to do)
> I will try the other way, just to see. And, will also try from
> Windows2000 using SolarWinds' TFTP app. Cheers.
> Mark Sargent.

Last time I used tftp with Fedora you needed to create the empty file in
the tftp directory on the server.

touch filename

in the tftp directory creates the empty file.  I believe by default tftp
does not allow you to create a file on the fly.  Part of its security

Response brought to you by AutoReponder 0.1
a product of Magic-8-ball productions.
(version 0.2 will feature correct answers!)