folder lost+found missing?

Edwin Dicker fedora at dicker.nl
Fri Mar 4 20:08:10 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hongwei Li" <hongwei at wustl.edu>
To: "Alexander Bostr öm" <abo at kth.se>
Cc: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, 04 March, 2005 20:41
Subject: Re: folder lost+found missing?

> But my question is: do I need to create it and do something special?  It
> was there when I first setup this fc3 system.  Also, why does the system
> need it?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Hongwei

No, you do not need to create it. It will be created by fsck when checking
your filesystem and when it finds allocated blocks of data which are not
registered in your filesystems superblock.
This can happen when your system experiences an unclean shutdown e.g. by a
hard reset of the system or when the system 'hangs' due to incorrect
programcode.

HTH
Edwin