Help I cannot get my Wireless card to start

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:07:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:06:03 +0100, Wemeelen <wemeelen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to get my 3CRWE154G72 3COM 802.11g working. It will not work. I
> tried kudzu, it finds the card uses the prism54 driver. When I configure
> my SSID and WEP key and then try to activate the card I get Error for
>
> Wireless request et Bit Rate (8B20)
> Set Failed on device eth1; Input/Output error. SIOCSIFFLAGS no such file
> or directory
>
> --
I used to get this though for a different card (belkin f5d6001). I
dont know what the problem is but I eventually stopped using RedHat's
Network Config and instead NetworkManager and NetworkManagerInfo. It
works better than the previous setup. run it from a terminal to see
any output errors maybe?!
Ganesh