Monitor "refresh" problem

John John at TheLysts.com
Sun Mar 6 00:47:28 UTC 2005

Hey,

I've just recently installed Fedore Core 3 and I'm having a bit of a
problem with the screen. The screen isn't displaying certain parts of the
screen. For example I click on Firefox, it displays everything fine. I
type in google.com and it claims to go to the google homepage, but the
part that displays the page is still blank. I moved my mouse over the page
and some of the elements appeared (text, etc).

I checked my settings for "display"/"monitor" and I eventually was able to
work out where to click (which is difficult when you can't see the
elements properly).

My monitor is: Samtrong 56e/56v
My graphics card is: Intel 82810-DC 100

I found neither in the settings. I found Samtrongs, but not my particular
monitor, and I found Intel graphics cards, but not my particular one.

Does anyone know how I could fix this problem (I can't do anything in
Fedora because most menus don't appear, but I can do stuff in my dual boot
Windows XP)?

Thanks
John