Multi homed proxy server

Kevin Plew kevin at plewnet.com
Sun Mar 6 11:13:05 UTC 2005

I am a soldier stationed in Kuwait trying to setup a wireless network for
around 200 soldiers. I have settled on using 2 separate wireless networks
to handle the load- both connected to a satellite broadband connection.
The satellite service requires the use of a proxy client residing on my
linux box. I have a linux box setup with 2 NICs to handle this for the 2
separate networks. My setup is as follows:
eth0/192.168.1.20 connected to wireless router/192.168.1.1
eth1/192.168.100.20 connected to wireless router/192.168.100.1

I have dhcp running on the box which is working perfectly serving
addresses to the different networks.

I have to separate instances on the proxy client running- 1 each attached
to eth0 and eth1. The proxy server is at 10.01.11.50. Both instances must
connect to the proxy server at 10.10.11.50. My problem is with routing.
Only 1 interface is able to reach the 10.10.11.50 server. I have tried
static routes set.
Is there any way to setup networking to allow both interfaces to reach the
proxy server?

Thanks for helping.

Kevin