DVD writing software (Gnome)

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 7 07:56:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have just upgraded my CD-RW drive to a DVD+/-RW drive..

Yesterday I tried to write a whole lots of data to a DVD+RW disk using
X-CD-Roast (which I have used for a while and find it easy to use)..
When it cam to write the DVD it gave the following error..

----- Error start -----
Calling: /usr/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/xcdrwrap CDRECORDPRODVD dev=
"/dev/cdrom" gracetime=10 fs=4096k -v driveropts=burnfree,noforcespeed
speed=48 -dao -eject -pad -waiti tsize=978759s -

execv error while calling /usr/bin/cdrecord.prodvd (No such file or
directory)
----- Error end -----

I appear to have all packages updated since "yum update" doesn't appear
to want to install anything.. I went to the cdrecord site and the
version installed is fairly new, I also went to the X-CD-Roast site but
it looks like X-CD-Roast is not that active..

Do I need to install something else?
Do I need to use a new app for writing DVD's?
What tools/utilities/frontends are members of the community using to
write DVD's under Gnome on FC3?

Thanks..