dns poisoning?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Thu Mar 10 02:08:28 UTC 2005

Sorry for the cross-post.

I just tried to access bugzilla.redhat.com on a MSWxp box (Firefox) and
got a certificate dialog. (You know, "This certificate does not appear
to be valid. Etc." which is really poor wording, anyway.)

I panicked and cancelled (good) without looking at the certificate first
(bad). Shut down Firefox. Went to my FC box and tried from there. Access
completed as it has in the past, redirecting me successfully to https
without any certificate dialog. So I tried again from the MSWxp box and
this time there was no certificate dialog. It connected me via ssl the
way it usually does.

There was a lot of news yesterday about dns poisoning.

Anyone else seen something like this?