GNOME Launcher - Startin directory?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Mar 10 14:07:06 UTC 2005

Is there any way to specify some type of "Start in" directory when using
a gnome launcher? Here's the problem:

I'm trying to setup a launcher for ldapbrowser since I use it quite a
bit. For those unfamiliar with ldapbrowser there's normally a script
file you run called Lbe.sh that's located in the ldapbrowser directory,
wherever you put it. Ldapbrowser stores it's configuration files in this
directory so if you run it using the script all is fine.

I tried running the script from a launcher and it just bombs, even if I
tell it to run it in a terminal. So I just decided to run what the
script does in the launcher:
java
-Xbootclasspath/p:/home/myuser/ldapbrowser/lib/ldap.jar:/home/myuser/ldapbrowser/lib/jndi.jar:/home/myuser/ldapbrowser/lib/providerutil.jar:/home/myuser/ldapbrowser/lib/ldapbp.jar -jar /home/myuser/ldapbrowser/lbe.jar

ldapbrowser runs but doesn't run from the ldapbrowser directory so it
doesn't find any of my config files. In my previous Windows life I would
specify a "Start in" directory. How do I accomplish the same thing here?

As far as I can tell, ldapbrowser does not have a parameter for
specifying a "home" directory. Looks like I can specify a single cfg
file, but that's not exactly what I want.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
James