OT: Worth learning python?

dave irving dave.irving at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 15:00:28 UTC 2005

I've recently installed Fedora 3, and have been getting a few
bluetooth things set up (i've finally got gnome-bluetooth-manager and
gammu working!). One thing I've noticed is that quite a few libraries
seem to be using Python these days.
Im going to want to be writing a few simple apps to use my bluetooth
stuff: Im mainly a Java / c++ programmer (and know a little perl) -
but going forward with Linux is there a good argument for learning
Python too? If so I might order myself a book!!

P.s: Alexander - Im know posting from Gmail so hopefully no more
Outlook woes :o)