/var/spool

Sean O Sullivan seanos at netsoc.itcarlow.ie
Sat Mar 12 22:25:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 04:52:58PM -0500, jim lawrence wrote:
> Inoticed that when I run up2date it downloads the hdr's to the
> /var/sppol/up2date dir.   Can I delete those files?  what about yum as
> well?  apt-get too?

Yes, you can delete the downloaded package cache.
yum (by default), and apt too I believe, stores downloaded packages in /var/cache/yum

Deleting packages isn't a problem, deleting headers is not advisable, as yum/package manager needs headers to determine dependencies & if headers not there, it will re-download them.

Regards,

Sean

believed to be clean.