forgot to mount /home during installation

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sun Mar 13 04:59:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 23:02 -0300, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
> I usually ignore that comment about fstab-sync and edit it anyway...
> Never had any issues...

Same here.

> Just make a copy of the line that defines the root partition and in the
> copy , change LABEL=/ to LABEL=/home and the mount point to /home ...
> Then it's a matter of doing mount /home and it'll be available to you...

You should also change the fsck priority at the end of the line.  "/"
should be 1 and others 2.  The preceeding number is the flag to trun
fsck on/off...

[prs at tabb1 ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
#/dev/hde7
LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
#/dev/hdg1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/home1            /home                   ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/hdg4               /scr                    reiserfs defaults       1 2
/dev/hdg3               /alt                    ext3    ro              1 2
/dev/hde6               /alt/home               ext3    ro              1 2
/dev/hda2               /dos_c                  vfat    rw,noauto,user,uid=512,gid=1002 1 2
/dev/hde1               /XP_C                   ntfs    ro,noauto,user,uid=512,gid=1002 0 0
/dev/hde5               /XP_D                   ntfs    ro,noauto,user,uid=512,gid=1002 0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-hdg2         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/var/cache/swapfile     swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdd                /media/cdrecorder       auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrom            auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/sda                /media/PHIL_S_KEY       vfat    pamconsole,exec,noauto,iocharset=utf8,noatime,sync,managed 0 0