httpd serving wrong DocumentRoot

Duncan Lithgow dlithgow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:36:35 UTC 2005

> As said before, I think by Paul too, having a DocumentRoot on a FAT
> partition sounds "crazy". Why? Because FAT does know _nothing_ about
> UNIX permissions. Run your Apache documents on a Linux filesystem and
> the ghosts will as quickly disappear.

using a vfat partition - I can understand that you think it'øs crazy
but then I'm quite new to linux and don't quite feel comfortable
losing the possibility to read the files in /www from my winXP
installation. That's just what I'm used to. I'll accept if it can't be
done - but it sounds like it _can_ be but it's problematic (at least
for me so far).

so I either give up and lose my safety net while i continue to learn
linux (seems rather rash) or I keep trying to make this work.

but, *i do* understand why you might think i'm being silly - I just
want to play safe.

thanks Duncan