phpMyAdmin installation problem

a a lacadaemon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:09:21 UTC 2005

> > Alex we need more information on how you got it working?
> >
> > Are you also looking at localhost?
>
> I did nothing special. I answered you privately after you mailed me
> personally. MySQL (the version shipping with FC3) was working, I did
> what is described in the phpMyAdmin documentation by creating the
> controluser, the database tables and editing the config.inc.php. And
> yes, the MySQL server is running on the same host as the Apache2. But
> that shouldn't count.
>
> May I guess you with the problem are using MySQL 4.x from anywhere else,
> maybe the mysql.com site? Then your problem is home made.
>
> Alexander
>
> P.S. Btw. I would prefer to talk to a person with a real name, rather
> than to "a a".

my name is Henry

now i understand i must hit the reply to ALL button ... i did not
intend to reply to you personally ... but i did not receive a mail
from you maybe i deleted it by accident

the MySQL is the install that came with FC3 ... i have done nothing
more than use the update and attempt a phpMyAdmin installation and
everything stops there

you say you set up the database tables according to the documentation
but my understanding is this is not a necessary step

all that is necessary is to input a control user and pass, setup the
control user and pass and grants in mysql, select cookie, start mysql,
start apachectl, then open the index.php ... but it just wont work

do i need to create databases to view index.php?