Antivirus in FC3?

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 00:08:40 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 04:36 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Does linux really need antivirus? I have been googleing this for close
> to an hour and came to the conclusion that this is only nessacary for
> linux IF there is a mailserver delivering mail to a windows box, for
> the protection of the windows box.
>
> Any comments from those more experienced than myself?
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://English-Lyrics.com
> http://Song-Lyriks.com

I have seen a few viruses on my machine, BUT,

I do massive amounts of downloads and research on the web, and none has
affected my machine.
 - - - To this I will add;
1)  Whenever possible download from known established sources S.A. Icewalker,
rpmfind.net, etc.
2)  Scan after/during downloading, and before extraction if needed.
3)  Keep your AV up to date
4) Check for rootkits/trojans
5) Regularly scan /var/log files for strange, unusual, or unknown stuff.
--
John H Ludwig