(no subject)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 15 13:03:26 UTC 2005

Marco Franceschin wrote:
> Hi all. I am quite new to this. I’ve installed Fedora3 to run a
> molecular modeling program (InsightII for Linux). Now it seems necessary
> to install the “openmotif21” RPM in order to correctly run the program.
> I have downloaded the RPM “openmotif21-2.1.30-11.src” file from the
> SRPMS folder, in the same directory where I found the iso images for
> Fedora3. I have tried to install it on my machine, by the rpm command,
> but it returns this error: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2.
> Could anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks in advance. Marco.

First of all, please don't post HTML to this mailing list.

Secondly, the "V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2" is a warning,
not an error. It means that you have not imported the Fedora GPG keys
(used to sign the rpm package) into your RPM database. To fix this, do
(as root):

# rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/RPM-GPG-KEY*

Finally, you have downloaded the source code (the .src.rpm) for the
package, not the pre-built binaries.

Try (as root):
# yum install openmotif21

This should download and install the binary package for you.

Paul.