Installation fails randomly and PC freezes up.

Muhammad Ahmad maahmad66 at att.net
Tue Mar 15 15:34:07 UTC 2005

I have an hp pavilion d1000e system with AMD athlon 64.  I am installing the
64 bit version of Fedora Core 3.  I have tried several times and each time
the installation fails at random packages and the PC freezes.

Also the automatic partitioning tool cannot partition and returns with error
that / not created.  I have to manually partition the drive.  The HDD is a
200 GB Maxtor IDE drive.  The system already has XP Home.  I have about 60 G
for Fedora.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks