fc3: how to change dns settings in a script file

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Mar 17 16:41:35 UTC 2005

ugggggg....sorry for that last post...brain fart
On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:23 -0600, rado wrote:
> hi y'all
> I'm having trouble finding info on the dns settings
> ...k...in the Network configuration GUI...then DNS
> I want to manage these settings in a script, NOT the gui
> really want to change the primary dns address is all
>
> thx
> John Rose
ummmm. I think the file that controls this is /etc/resolv.conf

I am thinking that what I could do is make up a couple resolv.conf.n
where n is the ip I want to point to.

then in the script...just copy that to the resolv.conf.

y'all think this is the correct way to do it tho?
thx
jr