Sata drives with nforce3 chip set on Motherboard

Rick Wagner wagnerric at condor.cxo.cpqcorp.net
Thu Mar 17 21:00:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 8:27 pm, John Pearson wrote:
> However, with the sata drive formated by FC2, the FC3 installer finds it
> without problem.  I did the install of FC3,  but the 2.6.9 kernel panics
> when the handoff arrives.  So...  I am doing a minimum installation on an
> ide drive with FC3.  I will do an immediate kernel update,  rsync the sata
> drive to the ide drive, and then edit grub.conf.  [All of this with my
> fingers crossed. ;-)    Of course, I am open to suggestions, still.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> -jp

I'm not sure what you are referring to wrt "handoff"? Do you mean that FC3
installs, but the post-install reboot fails because the .9 kernel panics?  If
you get that far, might you be able to pre-install the .10 kernel (may have
to do it by extracting the bits from the RPM, and massaging by hand).  You
can then select that kernel from grub.