Creating a boot disk

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 18 05:25:00 UTC 2005

Dan Fokum wrote:
> I am trying to install Linux on a computer that does not have a CD
> drive, so how do I create a Linux boot disk from the ISO images?
>
> PS: I downloaded the ISO images onto a Windows XP computer.

You downloaded the images, but you don't have a CD drive to install them
with? Suppose we find a way to get you a boot disk (which, if you're
talking about FC3, floppy wise does not exist), how do you expect to
install Fedora?

This is a very weird question. You MUST have a CD drive for a basic
installation.

The hard-core gurus will tell me about PXE booting etc. and yes, I
understand this is possible, but for a simple newbie:

add a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. DVD-ROMs are only $42 Australian so even
cheaper where I expect you are.

Or borrow one to hook up temporarily.

Regards,
Ed.