Problem installing fedora core3 x86-64

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 16:08:52 UTC 2005

hey...

can you provide more information as to your problem. i'm going to guess that
when you start the installation process, you go to the graphics mode, and
the monitor more or less goes crazy, with all kinds of pixel issues/etc...

if this is the case, try to do the install using the text install, instead
of the graphics option. this should get you to be able to install FC3. If
you're having the problem i suspect you're having, it gets down to FC3
properly interfacing with your monitor/video/drivers.

to solve this issue for my system, i had to modify a line with the xorg.conf
file, as well as change my display configuration once i got the install
completed. you may wind up doing something similar.

-bruce