WINE Help

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Mar 21 06:05:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 16:02 -0500, Tim Holmes wrote:
> Re: nospam -- nothing is a bad addy that way so the address wont get
> harvested by bots.
>
> The major packages im after are as follows
>
> Photoshop CS
> Nikon View
> The USB Drivers for my cell phone which turn it into a modem for the
> laptop for use while stormchasing
>
> Pretty much everything else I an do in Linux (and prolly do better)
>
> TIM
>

> Tim Holmes

One more request.  Please do not top post.  On a list like this it makes
following the conversation difficult if not impossible.

I got the latest RPMs from winehq and installed them.  With just a
little bit of config I was able to install several packages, including
Photoshop 5.5 (I know it is old, but it works in wine)
Diablo II (I still have a problem with the CD on this one)
and others.

You likely will have to run the install manually from the CLI
You also may have to create the launcher to start the app.
But even with this, the ones I have tried seem to install properly.

The only thing that is a little tricky is when installing something with
multiple CDs you have to work-around the locked cdrom.  I use multiple
cdroms and manually mounting/dismounting of the extra CDs in the second
drive to make it work.