Sources

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 22 11:52:44 UTC 2005

Mark Panen wrote:
> I installed FC3 from CD's but would now like to change my package
> manager to have it's source as a DVD, is that posible. Or can i use
> apt to add the DVD  ? If so what command do i use ?

My post:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-February/msg03032.html

describes how to set up yum to use an ISO image of the DVD on your hard
disk as its [base] repository. You could use a similar approach with an
actual physical DVD by mounting the DVD at the appropriate place in the
filesystem instead of doing the loopback mount of the ISO image.

Paul.