permission problems with SELinux in FC3

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 14:37:47 UTC 2005

Didier Casse wrote:

>Hi all,
>          I upgraded my machines to FC3 and now I realize that nothing
>comes out of my speakers as a normal user, gtkam refuses to access my
>camera and a few glitches like this occur in my system.
>
>When I'm root everything's possible but not as a normal user. If I
>chmod 766 some stuff, they work temporarily but after a reboot it
>start to suck again.
>
>Any solutions for that? Thanks a lot.

I am not sure this is an SELinux problem.  First have you established
that you are running SELinux
setstatus should tell you.  Check the log file for AVC messages.  If you
see messages concerning file_t
you need to relabel.  If you do not see AVC messages the problem
probably is not SELinux
touch /.autorelabel
reboot