Redhat.fedora site Not Noobie Friendly!

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 04:32:43 UTC 2005

I have noticed that on the main page of the fedora download site there
are no instructions on how to burn a ISO image or what iso files a
user would need ot download. Who can I email so that these simple
instructions can be added to the download page so that the newest of
noobies  would have to read it; before or at least pop it at them
stating that if your going to do this then you need theses or if that
you need this.  etc... I ran a search on fedoraforum.org   187
possible hits to "burn ISO"   if you try cant boot from install CD its
around 500 hits. Seems to me that idea of how to burn a ISO image
isn't getting to the public. People especially noobies just don't
know. they heard of linux so its the "i'll download it and install it"
mean while they are lost after they spent 4 hours downloading iso
images and waste 4 cds because they didn't know any better. WE as a
COMMUNITY need to get the idea out that "HEY THIS IS HOW YOU DO THIS"
Before the person who wants to try a different OS gets frustrated and
gives up.
--

Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813