Top Posting....

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:47:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:29:07 -0500, Crisler, Jon <JCrisler at corvis.com> wrote:

> Personally, when dealing with very active lists and following the
> thread, top posting is a time saver.   I think this falls into the realm
> of personal preference, some people like it, some not....

Actually it is more commonly accepted that narrowing down the original
message to only the relevant information, and then FOLLOWING that
information with the new post is considered proper etiquette when
participating in conversations on new groups.

That being said, there are going to be people who top-post, and
because of those people, there are going to be other people who will
simply ignore them.

> The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments may constitute Corvis Equipment Corporation Proprietary Information that is subject to Non-Disclosure Agreement and cannot be disclosed to any other party without the express consent of Corvis Corporation.
>
> If you are neither the intended recipient of this e-mail nor responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, note that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or retention of this e-mail is prohibited.
>
> If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, we request that you notify the sender by return e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any return email immediately.

Funny, your disclaimer is longer than your message... and doesn't seem
to make much sense. Also mail signatures should be separated from the