Top Posting....

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Tue Mar 29 09:27:13 UTC 2005

> Message: 5 Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:39:23 +0100 From: Paul
> <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> Subject: Re: Top Posting.... To: For
> users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
> <1112053163.4989.83.camel at localhost.localdomain> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi,
>
>>> Personally, when dealing with very active lists and following the
>>> thread, top posting is a time saver.
>>

>It isn't. Imagine a situation where you have two (or more) questions
>with similar but different answers. Top post the answer and you don't
>know what is being referred to which leads to wide scale confusion. Top
>posting is NEVER a timesaver. Do you answer the phone by answering a
>point or question before you've heard what is being asked?
>

>>> I think this falls into the realm
>>> of personal preference, some people like it, some not....
>>

>Some people also like email signatures which follow "-- ". Seems your
>email client is somewhat broken - like the argument for top-posting.
>
>TTFN
>
>Paul

Since a telephone-call is a real-time communication, while e-mail is
not, your comparison is also somewhat broken ;)

It is a little strange, that in a community where people choose their OS
for the choices and freedom, there are people who say 'we still want you
to choose my choice, if you go ahead with your own choice, we will
ignore your messages'. Sounds kind of childish to me..... But that is
just my personal observation....

As for the disclaimer (it wasn't a signature), many people don't have
any choice about this, since it is either company policy or added not by
the mail-client, but by the MTA.

Kind regards, Angelo