Wireless connectivity NOT resolved

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Mar 30 05:01:35 UTC 2005

I thought it was resolved, but it turned out the WAP had not restored WEP
encryption like I thought it had.  So, the wireless card works fine with WEP
turned off, but not when it's turned on.  I've tried:

# iwconfig wlan0 key XXXXXXXXXX restricted

which generates this error:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A):
	SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

My Googling indicates that this might mean that the card does not support
encryption, which I find unlikely since it certainly does under Windows.

I also tried:

# iwconfig wlan0 key 0xXXXXXXXXXX restricted

That generated no errors, but did not give me connectivity.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)