top posting, HTML posting and "the closer"

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Thu Mar 31 03:34:34 UTC 2005

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>

>>So I guess there's no room for tolerance of other people's
>>preferences?  I mean, really - is it *that* hard to follow a thread
>>that is top-posted?  Is it *really* worth getting so worked up over?
>

> argh.  using *exactly* that same logic, i can turn around and ask, is
> there no room for people to adjust to fit the standard operating
> behaviour of the list?  is it *that* hard to configure your mailer to
> do the right thing?  is it *really* worth getting so worked up over

actually yes... those that happen to be using MS Lookout or Lookout
Xpress have no way of configuring their client to bottom post - that
must be done manaully. I've done some research on this and found that to
the message almost each time I've come across a top-posted reply the
sender is using one of the two afore mentioned M$ email clients. Hotmail
does the same thing. not sure about Yahoo webmail.

--
Mark