FC 3 and Sony Clie SL10/U

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 31 17:21:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 11:10 -0500, Lorn Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 18:38 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > ----
> > first issue - detection at device level...
> >
> > probably more than you ever wanted to know...
> > <http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php>
> 	Very helpful, thank you very much
> >
> > problem is that you have to figure out how to 'identify' your Clie and
> > make a rule for it which creates a device on the fly...
> > 	<cut>
> > then it should probably work with JPilot or KPilot if it's set
> > to /dev/pilot and you press the 'sync' button on the cradle
> 	KPilot works with it now
> >
> > If you want to use gpilotd (gnome pilot - evolution...)
> >
> > you would probably want to edit if your Clie isn't there...
> > /usr/share/gnome-pilot/devices.xml
> 	The vendor and ID were already in there, but the comments showed as a
> different version.  I'm not sure if that's an issue.
----
it's an issue only if the ID of the Clie that you have doesn't match the
ID listed for the ones that it has
----

> > Craig
> >

> Thanks for the help, it works now with KPilot, but intermittantly.
> Sometimes it connects, other times it doesn't.  While I could live with
> this, I would rather not.  It still beats using windows though...

----
ok - assuming that you have no other USB devices connected...

when at rest (not syncing)

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot

should return nothing - they don't exist

when you press the sync button

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot

should show the devices as configured and KPilot/JPilot should see them
(actually, they are probably configured to only look at /dev/pilot)

if it fails somehow, try running the command (while sync is supposedly
active) to see if they are present.

Craig