blank spaces in system tray

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun May 1 05:24:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 10:13 -0400, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> What would make blank spaces in the system tray? I have Klipper there
> and then a blank space to the right of it equal to the size of another
> icon but its blank. Then comes the Red Hat Network Notification tool and
> then another blank space equal to the size of another icon to the right
> of it. Right clicking on either blank space produces nothing.

Unlike M$ which automatically pushes the icons together on the toolbar,
X does not.

To eliminate the blanks simply right click on one of the icons you want
to move then select "move" and relocate the icon to where you wish.  Any
icons you wish can be reorganized this way.

Errrrr...  maybe I better qualify that with saying I know it does that
in Gnome, but I don't use Kde so cannot vouch for it there.