fluxbox installation

gary manulat grypokx at gmail.com
Sun May 1 12:56:35 UTC 2005

halu,
 im nu to fedora. im currently using fedora core 2 with gnome on it.i only
want to ask the following questions.
 1. does fedora core 2 cd comes with fluxbox package?
2. if yes, how would i search the package and install it?
3. how to install source rpm of fluxbox?
 ive downloaded fluxbox..blah.src.rpm and issue the following command
 root# rpm -ihv fluxbox..blah.src.rpm
 after the command i got some warnings like.
 #warning...blah......-using root
#**************************(100%)
#
i've tried to verify if the said package is installed by issuing the command
 root# rpm -q fluxbox
 and got the msg:
 # fluxbox not installed
 ive read in some tutorial that new redhat distro need to rebuild a source
rpm to install it and the command is # rebuild --rebuild packagename.src.rpm
so, ive issued the command:
 root# rebuild --rebuild fluxbox..blah.src.rpm
 and saw the expected outputs...but, as i tried to confirm if it is really
installed ive got this.
 root# rpm -q fluxbox..blah.src.rpm
fluxbox not installed.
 thats all...and please help me with my problem...
 grypokx